Aims, Objects and Activities
The Bureau of Parliamentary Studies and Training (BPST) was set up on the 1st of January 1976 as an integral part of the Lok Sabha Secretariat to provide parliamentarians, parliamentary staff and others with institutionalized opportunities for systematic training in the various disciplines of parliamentary institutions, processes and procedures. The BPST`s activities include conducting/organizing:
· Orientation Programmes, Lectures and Seminars for members of Parliament and of State Legislatures.
· Lecture Series for Members of Parliament.
· Round Table Discussions on topical parliamentary themes.
· Prof. Hiren Mukerjee Memorial Annual Parliamentary Lecture.
· Training, Attachment and Study Visits/tours of Presiding Officers, members and officers of foreign Parliaments.
· International Training Programmes, held annually, for foreign parliamentary officials, viz. Parliamentary Internship Programme and International Training Programme in Legislative Drafting.
· Orientation Programmes and Seminars for Media Personnel accredited to the Press Galleries of Parliament.
· Appreciation Courses for Probationers of All India and Central Services and Middle Level officers of the Government of India.
· Study Visits for Government officers, academics, scholars, students and others.
· Training, attachment and study tour opportunities for parliamentary officials from India to foreign Parliaments and training institutions.