Download as PDF Print
PDF/WORD(Hindi) PDF/WORD
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF URBAN DEVELOPMENT
LOK SABHA
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO: 6419
ANSWERED ON:  12.04.2017
Dwelling Units in Delhi
UDIT RAJ
Will the Minister of



URBAN DEVELOPMENT be pleased to state:-


Will the Minister of URBAN DEVELOPMENT be pleased to state:

(a) whether the population forecast for the NCT of Delhi in 2021 is 2.36 crore for which it is estimated that 16 lakh dwelling units and work spaces of around 35 million square feet are required; and

(b) if so, the steps taken/proposed to be taken to fulfil this proposed demand?


ANSWER
THE MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF URBAN DEVELOPMENT

(RAO INDERJIT SINGH)

(a): According to Master Plan for Delhi-2021, the projected population in NCT of Delhi in 2021 is 2.30 crore, for which an additional housing stock of about 24 lakh dwelling units is required. MPD-2021 does not have any projection for the work space required.

(b): MPD-2021 states that about 40% of housing needs can be potentially satisfied through redevelopment/ up-gradation of areas in present urban limits and in sub-cities of Dwarka, Narela and Rohini. The remaining 60% of the requirement can be met through 14.4 lakh dwelling units in new areas/ urban extensions as per the Zonal Development Plans-2021.

*******



Developed and Hosted by National Informatics Centre (NIC)
Content on this website is published, managed & maintained by Software Unit, Computer (HW & SW) Management. Branch, Lok Sabha Secretariat